- This event has passed.
November 6, 2021 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Our opening program is a delightful array of sparkling and energizing works carefully curated to highlight the wonderful musicians in our orchestra. With brilliant and evocative brass fanfares by Copland and Dukas, an early string symphony by an immensely talented young Mendelssohn, young Canadian composer Jordan Pal’s roller coaster On the Double overture, and an enchanting symphony for winds full of melodic charm and wit. Outstanding pianist Kara Huber joins the Symphony in Mozart’s magnificent Piano Concerto #25, a towering pillar in the concerto genre and among Mozart’s greatest works. A grand opening to a season of musical delights.
Guest Artist: Kara Huber
- Aaron Copland – Fanfare for the Common Man
- Felix Mendelssohn – Sinfonia No. 3 in E minor
- W.A. Mozart – Piano Concerto No. 25 in C major, K. 503
- Paul Dukas – Fanfare pour précéder La Péri
- Charles Gounod – Petite Symphonie in B-flat major
- Jordan Pal – On the Double: Concert Overture for Orchestra